Sunday, May 16, 2010

3 years of Healing

My childhood was never a simple thing but it certainly wasn't the worse ever experienced by people. For a long time, I struggled with who I was and where my home was. During my college years, I rarely went home because there was far too much to confront and own up to. It was a world I could barely tolerate. Just spending one night there was a struggle.

But this weekend I stayed there for 3 wonderful days. I returned to my roots, shopped in my hometown, went to the gas station I would buy soda from as a child, went on adventures in the fields with the most wonderful niece and nephews in the world. Each day was wonderful and rewarding in its own way and I could barely fathom how much things had changed.

All those years I avoided home, I avoided a part of myself. It took three years to find that part of me and bring it back to my soul. I was complete again. Pushing someone to get over their hesitations would never work. I guess, when it comes down to it, when you're ready, you're ready. There's nothing more to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment