Monday, October 17, 2011

The Return to Writing- NaNoWriMo

Next month is November, which for me means writing time. It's NaNoWriMo and I'm totally excited this year. Basically, it's National Novel Writing Month. Novelist around the world take a challenge to write 50k words throughout November. They aren't allowed to start their novel early (even though some do), they can upload their word count daily, and they can pump out an entire book in around 30 days! This is an epic endeavor to say the least.

I competed last year but only made it to 10k words before I realized I just didn't have time. This year will be far more extreme. I haven't written in my books for over a year (excluding little Book Bits) and I've wanted to try my hand at it again. So, on November 1st, I will take up my figurative pen, place it to imaginary paper, and begin literally typing away. My current goal is 2k words a day but this will not happen due to work/life.

Even if I don't win, I will still be completely content if it jump-starts me into writing. I'm so excited that I can barely wait to start writing. There may be a few mentions of my preparations in the coming weeks. Expect lots of mentions during November.

In the famous words of the black guy on Jurassic Parks, "Hold on to your butts."

No comments:

Post a Comment