Sunday, January 9, 2011

Mid-Life...Early Twenties Crisis?

The last few days whenever I have an extra few minutes around the house or at work I pause to reflect my new teaching job. While there are definitely fun parts to teaching (stories to come soon enough) and the kids are cute and a handful, there are also moments I don't like. They aren't too big but there's one thing that's been popping up in my thoughts repeatedly.

I don't like planning lunches, I don't like staff meetings, I don't like teacher lounge discussions, I don't like whiny adults, and I certainly don't like planning my lessons weeks in advance, something I'm putting off doing.

I don't want to have a set schedule. I don't want every day to have a routine to it, the same thing every day, in the same boring order.

If this past week as teacher was a glimpse into my future in the career world then I want nothing to do with it. I'm not ready to settle down. I don't want to lead a boring life behind a desk telling children to pipe down. Now to just figure out what to do with the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment