Sunday, November 20, 2011

50k

Tonight, I finally reached 50k words and, as a result, won NaNoWriMo 2011. It's a great feeling. I'm so glad I participated. I know without NaNo this year I wouldn't have started on my third book for who knows how long. Plus, I wouldn't have thrown myself back in the tempting arms of writing and all the thrill and chills it entails.

But I cannot describe how relieved I am that it's done. The last few days were spent racing toward word goals, hoping and praying that I wouldn't give up. And of course, I never did give up. This is feeling more and more like a good book each day. But the competition had its downsides as well. I know I rushed through and in turn sacrificed some good writing. But, alas, that's what editing is for :)

Now for a few of my favorite quotes from the first 50k.


"When the Ial designed it and insisted they place it upon the wall he was at first hesitant. Now it gave him a sense of purpose. It made him realize that he was no longer a simple farmer trying to change things. He was a revolutionist."

"I'm no mule," Jace insisted.

"It’s one of those two birds, one stone situations you easterners are so fond of.”


Arobin chuckled, looking up at the sky with a crazed look in his eyes. “One day the earth will swallow cities like this in the blink of an eye. A war is not a war until you stand on a field with your soldiers’ bodies around you. There will be a time, Roan Leah, when even the brave will wake from the night and be unable to rise.”

No comments:

Post a Comment