Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The Final Night

Nano is officially over. It was the best and the worst month in a long time.

The Cons-
- Learned that writing on a deadline consists of schedules, ideas, and lots and lots o' plot planning.
- Slowing down for a day only destroys your motivation. Don't ever stop.
- Writer's block while on a deadline is NOT GOOD.

The Pros-
- I had the best support group with my NaNo regional friends in Indy, my sister who tolerated my random novel rants, and my family.
- It is possible to kill your vampires and overcome your own self doubt. 50k words is possible, no matter what common sense tells you.
- A masterpiece can come from the rough.
- And, above all else, I have learned about myself through deadline writing. I've learned my strengths and weaknesses and I've learned to build on them. And that's the point of challenging yourself, isn't it? To find your weaknesses, look them in the face and tell them no, and move on to prove that you can achieve something few people even dare.

Look forward to the future few posts where I will finally have time to stop and describe my book and its plots to my ever-excited readers ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment