Saturday, January 28, 2012

Writing Blurbs

"I look at you and I think 'that's exactly who I was as a child'. What do you expect someone to say at that point? Do you want me to panic like a parent and lock you in a room hoping you never face negative influence? Do you want me to be your best friend and encourage you to explore the world? I think the hardest thing I could do is warn you, hope you'll listen, and be there when you screw it all up. That's all I can do. If you're like me then I know you'll figure it out eventually."

"To come this close to the one thing that terrified him, the one object in the universe that stopped him where he stood and shut down all rational thought, he wondered at what he had become. People would never think a legendary leader would have a fear like this. Besides, who in their right mind actually looked out at an ocean and saw it as their grave?"

"While the insults and screams of his father echoed around him, he picked out one of those places and told himself that he would escape this town and find his way there.
The most ironic part of it was he had no idea how soon he would actually fulfill that promise.
Because that was the night the barn caught fire."

No comments:

Post a Comment