Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A Break and Broken

Sometimes I think I don't let things really sink in. As in I'm too often sitting here comforted that eventually God will show me the path he intends on me taking. I'm cool with that and I'll be as patient as he needs to be.

But damn.

Some days, I just want to cry. The downside is I don't cry (relatively that often) and so I don't do it. Instead, I hunker down in my room with my warm dog and listen to music that fits my mood. Those select days are the only time I actually let myself feel sorry for me. I don't enjoy whining that much and, with being who I am, I hate admitting I'm struggling. So when I do, I take full advantage of it.

But tomorrow will be another day and I know that when I wake I will once again be confident in God's plan and the fact that, eventually, things just seem to work themselves out in a way that makes sense. Until then though, I think I'll keep my music on repeat and escape into my comfort zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment