Sunday, August 26, 2012

Aella's Theme

There's a song in my novel-writing playlists that I associate with the love storyline of Book 3. It's about Arobin and his wife Aella. They are desperately in love and a wonderful couple. He's quiet and quick-thinking, she's passionate and trusting. Together, they were one of the most dynamic character relationships I've been able to write.

Here are a few snippets of their story...

            Hearing her rich, sweet voice again, Arobin opened his eyes and lifted his head from her. He looked at her face, forcing himself to pick out each of the lines, freckles, and blemishes that he loved so much about her. She smiled at him, the tears dripping down her cheeks. “I can’t believe this. We all thought you were gone.”
            She shook her head, chuckling. “You know I would never leave without saying goodbye.” Leaning her head in against his forehead, she squeezed him in a hug. “I tried to get word out to you. I tried to get a contact to find you. I did everything I could to let you know I was alive.”

            Arobin wrapped his arm around her shoulders and clasped his hands together, holding her tightly in his grasp. They sat in the silence of the camp. The snowflakes fell outside the tent entrance. The only noise coming from the camp was the sound of the wind howling and the snow steadily falling to the ground. Even the darkness was steady and unmoving. The camp was shrouded in a black blanket with the spots of white tainting its inkiness. Had it not been a prison camp, that night would almost be peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment