Friday, June 4, 2010

Dinner for Champions

Because of how busy I have been the last month, I've barely had the time, or the desire, or cook up wonderful meals. For a few weeks, I've been craving Mahi Mahi but because I go to the grocery after I get off work at 9, the meat market is always closed. Today, I made a trip to the store for a new shaver and stopped by the meat market to find Mahi Mahi and giant shelled prawns! Needless to say, I bought them both and cooked them after work.


I had to de-shell the prawns and marinade the fish for a few minutes but it was a pretty quick trip after that. I let it all fry in a pan, slow-cooking for half an hour so I didn't suck the juices out from the fish. I love my fish a tad crunchy and 'smokey' flavored but without a grill, I had to achieve it through steak seasoning. Fish is pretty good smoked like a steak though! I topped it off with some baby spinach, buttermilk ranch dressing, two raspberries, and a hefty cup of Hawaiian Punch.

All in all, it was pretty delicious and 100% organic!

2 comments: