Thursday, February 24, 2011

Unhappily Unsatisfied

This week I've felt strangely unhappy. There are far too many things demanding my attention in far too many ways. I feel conflicted about a lot of things. I want to be happy about school but can't find the time. I want to get back to writing but can barely stay awake long enough to read 3 pages after work. I want to get stuff done but have no motivation when it comes time.

I think about how even the weekends that are supposed to be relaxing aren't anymore. I remember being a kid and seeing adults stress out about all the things they had to accomplish. They freaked out too much about it and I never understood when they did it. Now, I finally realize that adults think they can handle anything so they pile as much onto their plates until they crash under pressure. I never wanted to be like that and yet here I am. So from now on I'm emptying my week of anything that doesn't need to be done. Perhaps that will make things somewhat better.

No comments:

Post a Comment