Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Crazy, Crazy Week

This last week or so has been insanely busy. I don't even remember what's happened but I know it's been packed full of events, work, and lesson plans. I keep wanting to write blogs about things that dwell on my mind for days, weeks, months, etc. However, as the usual routine, I get home and have no time or energy for blogging every night.

Instead, here's an assortment of random topics I want to address one day in the future. By the time the summer arrives I can just look back on this post and expound upon them.

- Being poor, living in a poverty-stricken city and having to spend time around people who live well and lavishly compared to it. It's such a struggle for me to accept that others can have more money and still have issues!
- The presence of technology in every moment these days. Want to spend time with your family? Want to have a birthday party? Want to spend a couple hours out at dinner with a friend or family member? Time to spend talking and hanging out? That doesn't happen without an iPod/Phone, text, call, etc. Back in my day we were taught not to answer calls or do anything but be involved with that person. Talk about archaic manners.
- I think co-sleeping is ridiculous and that some parents are totally stupid. They're either too strict or too lenient and rarely is there a good medium. They should listen to the advice of people who have more experience or have an idea of how it affects their kids later.
- Budgeting as a college kid is difficult but a learning process. I've learned a lot about money and how to save and use it wisely.
- The meals I want to try cooking this summer when I have time and money.

As an aside, March is nearing its midpoint and that means DST begins (Yay, more sunlight!!!!), spring arrives, and I can start watching Avatar and enjoying slightly warmer weather :)

1 comment:

  1. Pretty sure you co-slept with Kess, right? For years, right?
    Probably didn't feel too good to have everyone judging your cat's temperament qnd actions but you loved her furiously no matter and thought she was amazing. People told you what to do about your "crazy" cat and what they thought of her and I bet it didn't always make you feel good. She was who she was and you couldn't change her.
    Being a parent is much easier when you don't have kids;)
    Sooo glad you are learning about $ now, wish I'd paid attention enough to "get it" in college, not later!

    ReplyDelete