Saturday, March 12, 2011

New Pets

I got 3 pet rats a few weeks back. They live in their cage under the desk and are hilarious to watch. The black and white one is May: She's the kindest one and loves being pet. Today, she actually ran out of her cage and came right up to me :) One white one is rather laid-back and semi-tame. She's slowly coming out of her shell. Today, she followed May out of the cage to see me. I call her June. July is the last one and she wants nothing to do with me unless it concerns food.

May coming to see me while the other two eat broccoli. I take little pieces off and hide them around their cage for a little entertainment, mental stimulation, and snack.

May and June leaving the cage to come see me.

While a lot of people are disgusted by rats, they're sweet and wonderful pets. As soon as I walk in they run to the door and beg me to let them out. They love cuddling on my lap, following me around, or running around my room whenever I give them time to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment