Saturday, April 14, 2012

Book 3 is Complete!

I reached the end today. After working on this one since November, I am so happy to have it done. It rang in at 265 pages unedited, making it my shortest book so far with Book 1 at 280 and Book 2 at 300.

However, I could not be more satisfied with the end. It was poetic, it was graceful, it was lovely. Unlike my other books, the end to this one was not as cheerful. Since we are midway through the series the story is finally becoming more serious and tragic than before and this end had to be somewhat heartbreaking. I ended up killing off an additional character than I planned to but the story just demanded the death.

There will be tons of editing to do as I now plan out Book 4 but I've always loved editing. So here's to the end of another story and many more to come.

Also, as is customary with finishing a book, here is the first and last sentences.

First Sentences


Last Sentences

No comments:

Post a Comment