Friday, May 11, 2012

Back in the Saddle- Literally

Well, today was the first day I've gotten on Casper and not immediately jumped off since our incident over a week ago. My sis held him and kept him calm while I got in the saddle. We decided to stand still for a good 10-15 minutes before making a few rounds through the corral. After that, it was back to standing still.

My bum is still exceptionally sore and there's a real pretty bruise on it. The tenderness is still there in my leg, knee, and ribs but that's healing after so much time. I'm pretty sure he broke my toe though. I can't even bend it.

But the important thing is we are getting back to riding. Every day we lunge and after a few more days, I hope to take him out alone again. I missed being in his saddle and I like to think he misses exploring the neighborhood. We just need to build up a trust in each other. He needs to realize that I won't be slapping him and shouting while I need to realize that he won't buck me off if I listen to what he wants. Until we make it back to how we were before, we'll be doing a lot of trust-building techniques in the next few days. Here's to hoping the future week hold more healing for us, both physically and emotionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment