Monday, May 21, 2012

I Disappeared Again

Sometimes I neglect this blog for long stretches. While this is normal for me, my latest break was quite incidental. Last Thursday, I took my horse out for a ride and got thrown for the second time this month. Unfortunately, this fall was worse than the first. I actually went to the ER because of it.

This was my second time visiting an ER after I fell from a tree as a late teenager. I really can't remember much. Only patches and a few words. I know the EMT that brought me there was really nice. He joked about the farm and how we lived in the middle of nowhere. Once there, they did some physical tests and took x-rays. After that I went and crashed in my room for a while as I awaited results.

Turned out I had partially collapsed my left lung and banged up my left side pretty bad. They sent me home with my sis and a prescription. From there, everything is patchy. I spent the last 5 days sleeping, aching, crying, and hobbling. I can't remember anything.

I'm getting better but the meds I'm on are taking a lot of my memory away so each day is a collection of random memories and thoughts. And lots of crying. LOTS.

I'm an emotional wreck when injured. I cry at anything, which only causes more pain to an already stressed lung and achy body.

Hopefully, the next few days won't be as bad and I can cut back on my medicine. I won't be able to work on the farm for quite a while but I'm hoping to get well enough where I can at least do easy, lightweight things.

Until then, I feel increasingly needy for my family and spending quiet time with those I love. And tired. Very tired. So now I'm off to sleep off my wounds and pray that my body will recover soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment