Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Beginning of Book 4 Posts

I finished editing Book 3 a couple days ago and have officially moved on to Book 4. Well, in all honestly, I moved on to planning but that's close enough to count, right?

I already went through the original Book 4 and picked out what I wanted to keep from it. It looks like 10% might make it through the rewrite. It's going to be a fun book to write. Each of my books have a theme (1-Winter, 2-Desert, 3-Jungle, 4-Country, 5-Ocean, 6-TBD) and this book's theme is countryside, farming, etc.

The biggest downside with the original Book 4 was that it had no true main plot. It mainly relied upon a dozen sub-plots that eventually came together in a real shaky climax. That isn't cutting it in the second edition so now I'm off to find me some sort of main plot that can work for this book. I have a vague idea and when I say vague, I mean I have no main event or outcome (makes tons of sense, huh?).

What I do know is that I want readers to ask this question in the end. If Roan had known about BBG's (big bad guy) plan in the beginning, would he have done anything to stop him?

I'm not really sure where this question will lead the plot but considering we are officially through the series it can probably be safely assumed that it won't be pretty for either Roan or BBG.

No comments:

Post a Comment