Sunday, September 9, 2012

A Jumbled Mess

That's how my mind feels right now. It's not making any sense at all.

For your sake I'll try to sum up.

I'm writing the build to the climax in the book so I guess it would be the crisis' denouement. As a writer, I know it's expected that there be loose ends at the end of each novel and that eventually the book itself will show us how our loose plots come together.

But wow...

I never knew it could be this shocking. I've worked 250ish pages on a plot I thought I had figured out. I thought I knew how it was going to end.

And then this happens.

And this is brilliant. As in breathtakingly stunning. I didn't think there was a religious plot in this story. There was a nice little mention at one point but we've handled religion two books ago and I had no intent on addressing it again.

However, when Roan decided in Book 3 that he and God were on bad terms, he decided he wanted to address this in Book 4, despite my intentions to leave it alone. There was only a couple fleeting mentions of religion in this book so far but now at this point it seems like religion has slipped its way back into the story by orchestrating all the events until now.

And oh.my.god. It's amazing how well it came together.

Everything really. I was writing all these plot points and factoring in so many little details just thinking they were typical mentions in the book. There was an overarcing connection between a few points but not to this degree. Things I wrote, just a sentence here or there, mentions and side observations, nothing serious at all, TURNED OUT TO BE THE MAIN PLOT and it's so epic that I can't even really fathom it. I never intended for it to work like this but it did.

And now the book is perfect. The ending is beautiful, flowing, gorgeous, poetic. All I needed was just a little faith in the words I was guided to write and I would eventually find out what they meant. This is art.

No comments:

Post a Comment