Sunday, September 23, 2012

Life Update

Not much to report on the writing front at the moment. I took a couple days off after finishing Book 4 so I could recoup and distance myself from the story before jumping back in to edit. I am currently on pg 56 of 297 of editing and the story is getting a decent houseclean. I haven't actually started planning Book 5 but I do have a few ideas floating around in my head. I'll have a longer post about it later as I turn from editing to plotting. Until then, if anyone has good writing music consisting of theatrical or soundtracks, please pass them on as I am always looking for new tunes to write to, especially while planning a new book.

While in the middle of reducing the time I spent writing, I've turned my attention once again to my job search. I hope to have a job within the next couple months and find my own place by summer's arrival. I still have moments where I feel like a burden to my family and like a failure but I also realize that I am helping and making things somewhat easier for my lovely family.

The farm is well right now too. There are three happy kittens from the litter and our calf is free to graze during the daylight hours in a separate pasture where she stays with the pigs. Indy is a happy dog, of course. I haven't mentioned him on here in a while. Right now, he's definitely maturing out at the year and half mark and trying to find where he fits in as an adult dog instead of the pup he no longer is. He's working on a couple new manners and joyfully terrorizing the farm cats and Rocky.

Tonight is a hefty frost for the farm so here's to hoping most of the plants make it through the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment