Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Build

Today is the day!

All signs point toward today being the day that I will finally wrap up Book 4. It's been nearly a week since I last wrote thanks to being at the climax of the story. I'm the type of writer that can't split a climax up over several days. I have to sit down and get it all out at once.

So when today came and I started going through my preparation routine, I knew it was here.

There are a few, slightly obsessive, behaviors I follow that prepare me for writing a hefty scene. Here they are.

*The night before a big write, I tend to have a revelation of sorts. Last night, that indeed did happen
*Wake up early feeling jittery
*The only thoughts in my head are about the scene that needs written
*Drive into town for a sweet tea
*Clean room
*Turn on every light in the room
*Turn on the Battle Scene playlist, headphones, and fingers on keyboard

Now let's see if the words flow out as fast as I want them to.

The Final scene before the climax chapter

No comments:

Post a Comment