Thursday, June 16, 2011

"Forever is An Awfully Long Time"

I only have two weeks left here. Two weeks left in Anderson before I turn and leave this world behind. Exactly two weeks of classes left. Less than two weeks of work. 14 days. I know I've talked about leaving Anderson and how much I couldn't wait for months now but now that it's actually almost here I couldn't help but feel sad.

I'll miss my warm yellow bedroom with the giant, bright windows letting in happy sunrise light. I'll miss driving down 8th street with my music blaring, my window rolled down, and my hand riding the wind. I'll miss Deluxe Donuts and the awesome jelly donuts they make. I'll miss little, homey Pay-less with the friendly staff. I'll miss the city smell and sights. I'll miss Scatterfield and its terrible drivers.

Even though this wasn't the best home, it was my home for over four years. It was my haunt and now I'm preparing to say goodbye in 14 quick days.

And even though 14 days isn't that long I feel more cut off from my family than ever. I'm caught between worlds. I'm no longer from Anderson, or Greenfield, or New Palestine, or Greenwood. I want to be back home right now. I want to stay in Anderson forever. I don't want things to change.

Now I've bawled my way through an entire, mopey, emo blog post. But a girl is entitled to a good cry at least once a month. It builds character and puts hair on the chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment