Saturday, June 4, 2011

Packing My Bags

For some odd reason I forgot about this blog for a few days and neglected to update regularly. I blame school. Here's a quick rundown of new events in my life.

- I finished my first summer Spanish class with an A. It was easy and fun and the professor was very kind.
- I start the last class of my college career on Monday.
- The temperatures in Indiana are soaring! My non-air-conditioned house is hot and stuffy and the outdoors are just as bad. I love my wonderful sister and BIL for buying me a window AC unit last summer :)
- I move in less than 4 weeks.
- I started to pack up my bags today since I had the day off from work. I got three bags stuffed and one bag of donation items. I still need to pack up my bookshelf but I need boxes from work before I can do that. I'll be doing my first mini-move this coming weekend.


Indy is easy exhausted by changes in our routine. He went to get his nails trimmed and meet a friend of mine for a play date today. When I started packing he got worried, grabbed his favorite toy, and hid in his crate (The picture above). Maybe he thought I would pack his toys with everything else :)

He's not as much as a baby as he was when he joined me 4 weeks ago. He's definitely getting braver and trying to find his place in the pecking order. When I tell him to do something he doesn't want to do he'll let out the MOST annoying bark I've ever heard. He tries to bark at other dogs and people and protect me from all the random evil things out there. But he certainly still is a kid. He saw a raccoon in a tree on our property, barked and growled at it, then promptly turned and ran back to the house with his tail between his legs. He loves carrying his tennis ball around the room, 'accidentally' dropping it, then chasing it down again.

1 comment: