Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Never Ending

I feel as if I've been living this summer in the fast lane. A typical week for me begins with several days at work and spending what time I have at home doing homework. When I get a day off I'm immediately traveling an hour away to help my sister's family prepare their house for selling. I spend a few days there working from sunup to sundown before I head home and repeat the process.

I love working and having something to do with my time but there is something eerily unfulfilling about living so fast that there is barely time to comprehend what has passed. I guess if I look at the big picture, I have indeed gotten a lot done this summer but my break is already half over and it only seems like it just began.

Some days, I struggle with this more so than others. It's usually when I'm exhausted and stressed with school or money. The only time I can truly ignore this is when I sit down for a couple hours after work and spend that time writing. I feel like I get time to think things through and unwind after a long day. It's probably not the best time to do so since I should be focused on writing but I still love it.

On another, almost completely unrelated note, I hit 101 pages in Book 2 today. I didn't even notice it until a while after the fact because I was so caught up in the story I was telling. I love especially good writing nights :)

No comments:

Post a Comment