Saturday, July 24, 2010

On The Subject of Inspiration

I finally had a chance to sit down and do some reading and writing today. Well, as of now, I have yet to write anything but I did get some reading done. On Wednesday, I went home to house and babysit for my sister and brother-in-law because they welcomed this bundle of joy into the world.


Lilly Faith is 7 lbs, 3 ounces, and a beautiful little girl. I stayed home and watched the kids and the house while mom and dad were at the hospital. I spent Wednesday-Saturday morning with those kiddos, keeping them happy, making their meals, making sure they brushed their teeth and took showers, and everything in between from kissing booboos to saying goodnight prayers. As always, whenever I go back to A-Town from home, I get homesick right away. This time is worse. I think it's because I was temporarily mom to those kids.

I was a little down in the dumps from missing them, my sister, my bro-in-law, and sad that I had yet to work up the nerve to hold baby Lima. I was going through my old diaries and books today looking for a pick-me-up. I came across a couple things about inspiration that was pretty important to me.

1. Inspiration can come in the form of a long speech by a leader, friend, or confidant. It's something that pierces through the darkness and helps you realize what your goals were all along. I found a particularly good one that pertained to my situation of missing home and family in one of my books.
2. Inspiration can come from those little comments that help you realize how lucky you are. A friend or family member can say something that makes you realize that things are going to be okay and that eventually it will work out.
3. Inspiration can come in the form of a subtle action or favor. As in getting in my car today and finding that my wonderful brother-in-law filled it up with gas. Having your niece hug you and grin real big when you tell her you'll give her the last piece of candy. Realizing that your sister is healthy and well after major surgery to deliver a baby that we have all been anticipating for 9 months.

Inspiration is good for the soul and for the mind. It's a handy thing and I love those moments that brings the world and the frayed ends together to create something amazing and, essentially, perfect to the smallest detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment