Friday, July 2, 2010

Supersize Me, Please

Today was the first day since freshmen year (3 years for those who don't know) since I've been to a Rally's restaurant. I ordered a small little cheeseburger and some fries. When asked what size drink I wanted, I answered just as I usually do: Medium, of course!

When I pulled up and got my drink, it was what used to be a large. Now a medium is a huge cup of soda. How the hell am I, a 125 pound, five foot tall girl, supposed to drink a gallon of soda before it goes flat? How the hell does anyone drink a gallon of soda?

There used to be a time when soda came in glass bottles. Then there was a time it came in cans. Then there was a time it came in plastic cups. Now it comes in 10-gallon hats. Sometimes, living in America really does anger me.

1 comment: