Sunday, September 12, 2010

Distance

After staying away from Book 2 for a while I returned to it today to read a bit more. As soon as I got to this part, I got wrapped up in the story again. I absolutely love how one part of a book can pull you into the story so you feel like you're actually there, as if you can truly feel the suspense and fear of the characters. Perhaps I like this part because it centers almost entirely around religion. I'm not sure but I know I never get bored of it.

It's the part in Book 2 where the main character Roan comes across the prophet who has the power to change the views and ideals of the religious fanatics he's surrounded by. The prophet throws a curve-ball though. Instead of promoting god, she denounces the god the people worship and accuse them of being heathens who have turned their backs on god.

No comments:

Post a Comment