Monday, September 13, 2010

School

There's something eerily satisfying about writing up my first lesson plan for my classroom. Well, it's not really a lesson plan. It's an early assessment for a social studies or geography class. It outlines the curriculum the class will be following throughout the semester and quickly assesses what the students already know about the subject matter. While I'm a senior in college, this is my first lesson plan. That's kind of sad considering I have yet to be in a classroom in secondary school within my content area and I'm about to graduate. I think that's why I like finishing my lesson plan so much. I'm finally getting a chance to be a teacher and not the student. If only I could finish up the student part right now and jump into the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment