Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Hidden Book

So I've got 5 books I want to get published one day. Those are the books I always talk about. My Fire of the Heart series. I finished editing Book 2 again and I think this will be the last time I go all the way through it. Since I'm still working out a few details for Book 3 and life is a bit too busy to start it just yet, I decided to crack open the Palm Tree Chest.

Yes, the Palm Tree Chest. It has its own capitalized name. This is the chest I keep all of my most private and top secret writings and journals. I rarely venture into the chest. It's kind of like Pandora's Box. Once it's open, there's no going back.

But today I cleared all the junk I set on top it and unlocked it, releasing from the confines stale air and thick dust. Within it, I rediscovered The Hidden Book.

This book was my attempt at writing after I finished my beloved Fire of the Heart series. It was a set of two and a half books. Book 1 of that set was...interesting. Book 2 wasn't half bad. The problem was I knew I was never going to publish the books and just wrote them for my own pleasure. They're poorly written, have more plot holes than swiss cheese, and can barely hold their own for more than two chapters. Compared to my FOH series, they were dreadful.

But they're my guilty pleasure. I read them maybe once or twice a year (compared to the weekly readings of FOH). I guess while I'm working on Book 3, I'll read The Hidden Book before I go to sleep each night. Gotta love the life of a struggling writer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment