Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Nightly Prayer

Dear God, grant me the strength and patience to overcome this year. I'm struggling more so than usual and I'm fully aware of this. I wish I could change it. Every day I wish it were different. I'm trying to do what's right but there are times where I can barely do what's required of me to survive a day. I don't have the courage to be assertive and explain what's bothering me to those around me. Other times I can't shut my mouth long enough to hear your words.

Today, I struggled with bitterness and pride. I fought to overcome my emotions when I spitefully hated those who were once close to me. I push my loved ones away because I despise them for what they have been given and what I envy. I know this is a fault of mine. I am often bitter and it a great obstacle I struggle to overcome.

Perhaps tomorrow will be different. Perhaps tomorrow I will have the strength to make the change I so desire to see in my life. No matter what, tomorrow is another chance to see the sun rise and affect my future. After all, that is the greatest gift a god could give.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment