Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Best News of the Day

I most likely have a new house to live in :) It's breathtaking and massive and has sprawling fenced-in fields for horses. There's even a sturdy barn with already built stalls for horses. The floors are hardwood too! The bad news is that it's two hours away from my house and that's the reason I have yet to see it in person. I'm sure the pictures I've seen don't do it justice.

Possibly having a new house is wonderful but at the same time it's so saddening. I spent over ten years in the old house. It was there that I adopted my wonderful late cat Kess and played with the old sheltie dog J.J. I remember the infamous day we cracked rotten eggs under the porch. I loved the day my niece came home to even now where she leaps and bounds down the halls. I remember spending evenings on the lawn watching the golden sun set over the fields, the bright green trees lighting up under its glow. Every time I come home, I begin the visit with chasing the dog around the yard because he's overjoyed to see me. I love the grill-outs we spend together as a family and the warm evenings I spend cuddling and admiring my strong sister and her family.

We had a lot of memories in that house and I think it was more my home than even my mom's house or even my own humble home. I've never dealt well with change and that's going to make this transition harder. But, as was once said, 'The key to change is to let go of fear'. That's the truth today. I may dread leaving behind the house I made all those memories in but the fact is I'm not leaving behind those memories. I'm leaving behind a location and taking those memories with me. Today, I may lose a house but tomorrow I gain the opportunity to make new memories and forever carry those golden ones with me.

Because of that, I can cope with this change. My family, my pets, my memories, and our future resides in that new house and soon I will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment