Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Gimme a Hand

There are moments where I feel like running out of the house, racing to campus, standing in the valley, and screaming at the top of my lungs for someone to help me. I feel like there should be a siren for emergencies in life like there are for tornadoes. When I'm distraught, I need a panic button to push. I need a panic room.

I need to escape.

If this month gets any harder I could very likely give up. I could quit.

I can quit school.

That's the only escape in my mind right now. There's actually another. I could get in my car, forget these responsibilities, fill up my tank, play my angry music, and leave.

I can leave this house behind. I can leave this town behind. I can leave this life behind.

I need to know I can make it out of this hole alive. I need to know that beyond this dingy town of depression and hopelessness there's something bright, there is something more.

No comments:

Post a Comment