Friday, November 19, 2010

Writer's Progress: Beginning

Today I started Book 3! It took 3 months but I finally had the guts to jump into it tonight. So far, I only have three paragraphs. I'm hoping to hit one page before the night's end but I'm not forcing myself into anything. A matter of fact, I'm not even going to hold myself to this book. If I wake up tomorrow and turn to it and find I don't like the intro, I may erase it and let it settle for a few more months.

All I know is that even within three paragraphs I already feel at home. I'm back in my desert, hearing the echo of the wind rushing through the canyon, feeling the sun bake my skin, tasting the grit of the fine sand on my tongue. The words are familiar. I remember using this syntax. I remember using the word Roan. I remember this world.

It is my home away from home :) There is absolutely nothing like returning to writing after a long hiatus.

I'll update in a few days once I'm 80%+ sure that I'll keep the book. Until then (and after some rather shocking news today that reminded me of our mortality) I'm thanking God for what he has blessed me with and taking a chance to breathe in his awe.

No comments:

Post a Comment