Monday, November 1, 2010

This is How I'm Going to Die

My carpool buddy refuses to turn on the heat on our trips to and from school. Now, this may not seem like a big deal compared to the catastrophic things that often happen in life but it's monumental for me.

That's because I thrive in warmth. If I'm not warm, I'm not awake, functioning, alive. When we leave at 7am for school it is freezing. Literally. There is frost outside. This Friday calls for snow. In spite of that and knowing full-well how cold it is (I bitch about it all morning) Carpool Buddy does not turn on the heat.

To make it worse, he actually runs the AC so he can defrost the windows. THE AC AT 7AM ON A NOVEMBER MORNING.

He was complaining how he had a cold and couldn't understand where it came from. I just wanted to turn to him, point at the AC controls, and scream, "YOU IDIOT, IT'S BECAUSE YOU'RE ICING YOUR CAR IN THE FREAKING MORNING!! WE AREN'T IN HAWAII, DAMMIT, TURN ON THE HEAT!"

Somehow, I bite my tongue. I'll show him when it's my turn to drive. My car is going to be a furnace and I will rejoice in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment