Thursday, November 11, 2010

Connections

While at work today I got to see my favorite mall manager. We were chatting it up in the last few minutes of the day when I figured out a really awesome fact about her. Before I share that fact, I should mention that this woman is full of surprises. She's a straight-up Christian but she swears like a sailor. She loves eating chocolate and unhealthy things even at an old age. She's a sweater-wearing granny who loves riding motorcycles and sitting around talking about how trashy girls can be.

Well, today I found out that she once lived in Las Vegas and while there she developed very close friendships with the Italians. They were an incredibly nice family and got very close to her and her own family. She always wondered why they were so rich and drove amazingly expensive sports cars. It wasn't until they broke a man's arm in the back yard that they realized they were the mafia. They hooked her up with sweet deals (cars, restaurants, shows, etc). They became close with the mafia and she loved every minute of it.

When I told her I went to Italy and I talked about the supposed mafia members I saw, she thought it was the coolest thing. We now had a connection beyond all other connections. I, Italian, now knew someone who could hook me up with the mafia and she knew someone who could hook her up with Italy.

The only problem is that the mafia family she was friends with got in a fight with a Don from another family. Now there's a mafia going on in Las Vegas. Looks like I'm going to have to wait to call out some favors for a while. But I will eventually get that fancy red car and a steak and lobster dinner!

Also, something exciting happened this week. I'm now in negotiations with the top Australian Shepherd dog breeder in the United States. We're talking the Westminster here! More to come later when things are finalized :)

No comments:

Post a Comment