Saturday, November 13, 2010

Waiting To See

After a rather rough week and an even harder day, I was driving home after a crazy day at work when I found this song on my iPod.



Brandon Heath is my new favorite artist and his songs are really deep and touching. When I heard this one tonight for the first time I couldn't believe how much it related to my life. In a time where I was so sure things were done, where my schooling could end, where my life could go in a direction I really don't like, this broke through the miserable bubble I'd woven around myself.

I kept going over how the plans I'd made for myself were about to be changed and how much I hated it. I was balancing everything on a few conditions and it was looking like everything I'd set out for myself was about to be lost. While I could still lose all those things, and while I'll still hate the fact that I will lose them, this song reminded me that it isn't my plans that matter.

Instead of worrying over the plans that I had set out for me I should be leaving it up to the plans I already had set out for me. I may not get what I want but I'm getting what God intends for me to have. There have been dozens of times in life where I never got what I want but I would never trade my past for that of an easier life. The struggles I've overcome in the past are what make me who I am and this is just one more obstacle created to strengthen and mold me as a person. While I love the life I have pictured for me, I can't imagine the wonder of the life God has planned for me and I'm ready to see that above all the goals I've set for myself.

2 comments:

  1. I love this song too! You are going to be fine...God DOES have perfect plans for you and they are awesome. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this song too! It encouraged me. Thinking about you often.

    ReplyDelete